PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
In line with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 which came into effect on 15th November 2013 (hereinafter referred to as “the Act”) that regulates the processing of personal data in commercial transactions, it applies to TPM Technopark Sdn Bhd (hereinafter referred to as “we”, “us”, “our”) as a data user. For the purpose of this notice, terms used herein shall have the meanings ascribed to them in the Act.
We treat and view your personal data seriously.
- Collection of personal data
We wish to give you notice that your personal data will be collected, recorded, processed, stored, used, transferred and/or disposed by us including our employees to be utilised and dealt with in accordance and in compliance with the Act.
- Sources of personal data
We collect personal data through several methods which include but are not limited to:-
- Information or comments that you have provided to us by whatsoever means and/or in whatsoever manner; and/or
- Information obtained independently by us or given to us from other lawful sources.
- Nature of personal data
Your personal data processed by us may include but not limited to, where relevant: -
Name, date of birth, identity card or passport, name of employer/company, home and office address, telephone/hand phone number, facsimile number, e-mail address, occupation, age, gender, marital status, weight, height, photos, race, nationality, religion, family and/or next of kin information, remuneration information, EPF Number, SOCSO Number, Income Tax Number, bank details, education background, training attended, working experiences, medical check-up result, medical record, medical report, diagnosis, personal health information, criminal history, investigation result, insurance details and any other personal data required for the purposes set out in Section 4 of Personal Data Protection Notice.
- Purposes of collecting personal data
We may process your personal data, including any additional information that you may subsequently provide to us, for the purposes of the contract of service or contract for service or such other contract as may have been entered into between you and us or any other matters incidental to your employment with us. Other purposes of collecting your personal data shall include but not limited to:
- Verification of identity;
- Contacting you and the delivery of notices or letters to you;
- Processing employment applications including pre-employment checks;
- Determining and reviewing salaries, incentives, bonuses and other benefits;
- Consideration for promotion, career development, training, secondment or transfer, performance monitoring, health and safety administration and security and access control;
- Monitoring compliance with our internal rules and policies;
- Complying with the compliance and disclosure requirements of any and all governmental and/or quasigovernmental departments and/or agencies, regulatory and/or statutory bodies (e.g Inland Revenue Board, Employee’s Provident Fund Board, Social Security Organisation and Bank Negara Malaysia);
- To enforce our rights under employment law or any other applicable laws to defend our rights under the law including but not limited to any disciplinary or actions relating to the termination of employment;
- Meeting any legal or regulatory requirements, including compliance with any laws and/or orders and disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular or code;
- Conducting background checks as may be necessary or appropriate;
- Complying with the compliance of any financial institutions or banks that are related to products and/or businesses of TPM Technopark Sdn Bhd and/or its Group of Companies;
- Marketing communications on products, services, benefits, promotions and rewards purposes that are related to products and/or businesses of TPM Technopark Sdn Bhd and/or its Group of Companies; and/or
- For any other purposes that are required or permitted by any law, regulations, and/or guidelines as may be prescribed from time to time.
- Impact resulting from failure to supply personal data
Failure to supply such data by you will result us (shall include but not limited to):-
- Being unable to process employment applications;
- Affect our ability to perform our obligations under any potential or existing employment contract;
- Affect your ability to enjoy the benefits of your employment with us; and/or
- Affect our ability to carry out purposes as listed in Section 4 of Personal Data Protection Notice.
- Disclosure to third party
We shall endeavour to safeguard and maintain the confidentiality of your personal data. Kindly take note that certain personal data relating to you may be required to be disclosed to third parties, including but not limited to:-
In this regard, we shall endeavour to take all necessary steps to only disclose any relevant personal data to the aforesaid third parties.
- Any person to whom we are compelled or required to do so under the law or in relation to any order or judgment of a court, or in response to a competent government agency;
- Any party involved in or related to a legal proceeding (or prospective legal proceeding), for the purposes of the legal proceedings;
- Government agencies, statutory authorities, industry regulators and other similar authorities;
- Our auditors, consultants, accountants, or other financial or professional advisers;
- Our contractors or third party service or product providers as may be necessary or appropriate;
- Our financial institutions and/or banks;
- Our Group of Companies as incorporated under the Malaysian Companies Act, 1965 and/or incorporated under any other relevant Acts, outside Malaysia; and/or
- As otherwise permitted under Malaysian law, including without limitation, the Act as may be prescribed from time to time.
We shall collect, record, process, store, use, transfer and dispose your personal data in a secure manner. We endeavour, where practicable, to implement the appropriate administrative and security safeguards and procedures in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations to prevent any unauthorised or unlawful processing of your personal data and any accidental loss or destruction of or damage to your personal data.
- Your right of access and Contact
We will retain your personal data for the period necessary to fulfil the purposed outlined in this Personal Data Protection Notice unless a longer retention period is permitted or required by law and thereafter the Personal Data shall only be retained for statistics and research purposes. You are responsible for ensuring that the personal data provided is accurate, complete, correct and up to date.
If you wish to access and/or make a correction and/or deletion to your personal data held by us, you may do so by making a written request to us and address to our office:-
HR Strategy Management
TPM Technopark Sdn Bhd
Level 8, Menara KOMTAR
Johor Bahru City Centre
80000 Johor Bahru, Johor.
- Changes to our policy
Please note that this Personal Data Protection Notice may be amended from time to time in accordance to applicable laws and regulations.
This Personal Data Protection Notice is in Bahasa Malaysia and English. In the event of any inconsistency between the English version and any translation of the Personal Data Protection Notice, this Personal Data Protection Notice statement in English shall prevail.
TPM Technopark Sdn Bhd has full right to retain all personal data held by its Group of Companies.